Driven Inbound is one of an increasing wave of content marketing firms recognizing that solid journalism and superior editorial execution are at the core of what content marketing strives to accomplish: Tell great stories for our clients to attract and retain audiences eager to learn about our clients’ latest products, services and successes. At Driven Inbound, we often say we want to make you the “CNN” (or news network of your choice) for your industry.
Here are some examples of this ethic at work:
NJ SAFE Conference | Marketing as business development
As a gold sponsor of the third-annual NJ SAFE Conference, held Sept. 23 in Princeton, N.J., Driven Inbound took on short- and long-range content and show development planning for this public safety event. Our thinking is always: Give us a new event or feature to talk about, and you not only get great “content” but a new revenue stream.
Beginning in July, two months before the show, we created:
• A concept for making the NJ SAFE website a year-round portal of relevant information for its audience, as well as turning the NJ SAFE organization into a provider of smaller-scale events throughout the year and a publisher of branded products — all guaranteeing increased revenue and thought leadership
• A 60-day cycle of blog posts that focused on personalities and issues relating to the event
• A 30-day pre-event Tweet cycle that vigorously promoted the reasons potential attendees should decide at the last minute to register
We also created an NJ SAFE media kit and placed NJ SAFE promotional content with key influencers outside the state, reaching potentially millions of like-minded supporters
Laser Institute of America | Building a content machine
Prior to founding Driven Inbound, founder Geoff Giordano served as the first communications director for the Laser Institute of America (Orlando, Fla.). At LIA, an organization dedicated to fostering industrial uses of lasers and the safe use of those systems, he:
• Created a revenue-generating three-year media plan with the goal of establishing LIA as a go-to source of industry information while capitalizing on opportunities to monetize content tied to new products and publications, safety standards and LIA conferences.
• Wrote and instructed staff on social-media protocols to eliminate the guesswork around online postings, headlines, etc., and worked to increase meaningful and frequent content — content that routinely drew some of the strongest metrics.
• Served as chief editor in shaping and refining material provided by an inbound marketing firm LIA hired to produce a new LIA website and collaborated on a long-range marketing plan. Ensured accurate, consistent, mature and non-repetitive information, often stepping in to re-report material or direct marketing staff to redo material — a critical editing function often lost in many inbound marketing efforts.
• Significantly drove online traffic with timely live tweeting and blogging of key industry events (in addition to LIA events)
• Created a plan for a cross-departmental content-generating structure
• Created a 360-degree print/digital plan for honoring 100th anniversary of laser inventor Charles Hard Townes, including tracking down one of his daughters, Elizabeth Townes-Anderson, conducting a two-part exclusive interview with her and suggesting her as a keynote speaker at the 2015 International Conference.
• Stepped in to vigorously edit, create taglines for and design various pieces of collateral material (catalogues, eblasts, brochures).
“From Mom With Love” | Creating a recipe for marketing success
To bolster sales of Pushpa Bhargava’s cookbook “From Mom with love…: Complete Guide to Indian Cooking and Entertaining,” we created a comprehensive report detailing a broad range of initiatives the author could employ across all digital platforms related to the book, once one of the top-selling publications of its type on Amazon. While the client decided to pursue a “home-brew” marketing effort, the insights we shared provided a solid framework for reinvigorating out-of-date or underutilized aspects of the book’s website and social media sites with consistent, compelling material that made the book’s digital channels year-round attractions.