Speed is the essence of digital media. Our newsroom work ethic — stressing quick editorial production — is one of the differentiating factors between us and more “9-to-5”-minded marketing agencies. In fact, it is our deep understanding of and experience in community journalism that is the essence of rallying audiences to your business. Our goal is to get your new digital marketing efforts off the ground quickly — within weeks or even a day or two after signing a contract.
What we DO
Like other agencies, we are eager to begin our relationship with you with a 30-minute consultation at no charge. That’s about where the similarities between DI and other agencies ends.
From the point of our initial consultation, we are happy to work with you to customize your experience with us:
1) We can provide you a sample portion of the highly detailed report we will build assessing your brand’s performance and presence across all digital and print channels.
2) If you are intrigued by that sample, we can provide you our full report for a price TBD.
3) If you purchase our full report, we will then work with you to begin addressing the findings. You can:
• Try us for a short-term contract to carry out a predetermined portion of the report’s suggestions (six months is generally regarded as a minimum period after which to begin to see the results of content marketing, but even a short burst of one to three months of intensive activity could benefit your digital footprint).
• Create your own content marketing plan based on our report and employ us to execute certain portions of your plan.
• Use our marketing plan or your own and bring us on board to help create and train a “content machine” with your existing staff. We’ll teach you the basics of written and video blogging, optimal social media usage, scheduling and creating all forms of content, editing words, audio and visual for maximum impact, and more.
• Shop around for other agencies — we’ll even be glad to help you assess their potential strengths and weaknesses.
What we DO NOT do
1) We don’t create buyer personas. That’s contrary to what many agencies with certain marketing certifications will tell you. But in our experience, too much time is wasted by certain agencies simply attempting to learn what you already know about your customers — or focusing on merely one type of customer to the exclusion of others. Now, we might create personas for new types of customers you might wish to pursue — but we’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that you know, for the most part, the desires of your current customers.
2) We don’t throw CTAs (calls to action) into every piece of content. Again, blasphemy in the world of marketing. But with so many media demands for our attention and action, we feel our clients are best served by the “gift of information” we provide — and that that information will ultimately perform better as a sales tool by informing customers instead of constantly asking them for something or to do something.
3) We don’t waste your time or money. We don’t rely exclusively on cookie-cutter marketing methods, spend hours on “kickoff” meetings or “onboarding” or steer you into using costly traffic-measuring software. Our decades of experience creating, publishing and gauging the effectiveness of top-flight content under less-than-chic circumstances cuts your costs because we’re not still trying to figure out how to execute next-level material; we’re pros at it.